Monday, May 22, 2006

AL GORE: NO INTERMEDIATE STEP BETWEEN A DEFINITIVE SUPREME COURT DECISION AND VIOLENT REVOLUTION

>


My friend Brad sent me a quote from Al Gore. Gore was talking about something I used to think about a lot-- something that makes me incredibly sad and even scared. NEW YORK MAGAZINE (the new issue) asked if he, like so many of us, thinks the 2000 election was stolen. "Gore pauses a long time and stares into the middle distance. 'There may come a time when I speak on that,' Gore says, 'but it's not now; I need more time to frame it carefully if I do.' Gore sighs. 'In our system, there's no intermediate step between a definitive Supreme Court decision and violent revolution.' Later, I put the question of Gore's views on the matter to David Boies, his lawyer in the Florida-recount battle. 'He thought the court's ruling was wrong and obviously political,' Boies says. So he considers the election stolen? 'I think he does—and he's right.'"

I suppose the nightmare will end-- please God-- but Americans have played a dangerous game with our liberty by not taking to the streets. I don't. None of us did. Do we even deserve our liberty?

5 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in some of my more snarky moments i would agree that you don't deserve liberty but the fact is most people are shortsighted and only really care about looking after thier own.it is a human condition that is why more care should be taken in casting a vote for our leaders. the current way elections themselves are conducted are part of the problem.
as a canadian i know because we are whores who sell to anybody to keep our lifestyle.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excuse me sir but I beg to differ..

I take to the streets, I rant and I rail against the tyranny that is occupying the WH on a weekly basis sometimes. My mug has been on the local evening news here more times than I care to count.

Which means I will be one of the first they come for when all our are liberties are gone.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger PridePress said...

And I will be second.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Timcanhear said...

What do YOU people think the silence is all about?
Some of the silence and lack of protest today comes from the fact that there is no military draft. Initiate the draft and watch monkeyboy and triggerman run for cover.
More silence stems from the fact that half of the American voters were fooled by fascist neocon's and can't admit it. It's not in their cold chilly blood to admit guilt.
What do YOU people think the silence is all about?
While your thinking about it ... go buy the new RACONTEURS "Broken Boy Soldiers" on V2 records.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous unsheepled said...

I blame the fluoride in the water.Hitler used it...as well as Stalin to curb the masses....to keep them calm, no matter what happens to them.
Main ingredient in most anti- depressants.... hmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home